Purchase Orders can be issued to any vendor in the University database. iBUY NU is an online marketplace consisting of Northwestern's preferred vendors. Shoppers fill carts in iBUY and assign those carts to a Requester for processing. Please email email@example.com for purchasing from non-iBUY vendors.
New Vendors and Payees
New vendors, independent contractors, and reimbursed visitors must be added to the University vendor database before a payment can be issued.
- IRS Form W-9: Must be signed and dated within the past calendar year.
- Conflict of Interest Form: To be completed and signed by the person requesting the new vendor.
- Contracted Services Form for U.S. Residents: For guest speakers and other independent contractors; must be signed and dated by the payee.
- Visitor's Expense Report: For visitor or contractor expenses.
Employee Expense Reimbursements
All reimbursements must be supported by documentation. For conferences, a name badge or program is typically submitted as proof of attendance. Expenses claimed on a per diem basis must be supported by proof of lodging.
- WCAS Financial Policy Quick Guide
- University Travel Policy - excerpts
- Expense Policy Exception Request