Anthropology Faculty Searches
Postdoctoral Fellow in Critical Race Studies
Northwestern University seeks candidates for a two-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in Critical Race Studies. Individuals trained in the humanities or humanistic social sciences are encouraged to apply. Areas of specialization are open, and applications from scholars whose expertise furthers connections with Northwestern’s ethnic studies programs, including its emergent Native and Indigenous Studies Program, are especially welcome. The successful candidate will be paired with a senior faculty mentor, offer two courses per year, and offer one public lecture per year. They will also be invited to participate in the planning of events and programming related to Critical Race Studies.
This is a benefits eligible, full-time appointment with research funds, starting September 1, 2017. Ph.D. is required by the start of the appointment. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated experience working with diverse student communities.
Applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, a statement of teaching interests, three letters of reference, and writing sample. All material will be submitted online at http://www.anthropology.northwestern.edu/people/faculty-searches.html. Deadline to submit applications is January 30, 2017. Recommendation letters must be submitted by February 3, 2017. Inquiries about the search may be directed to email@example.com.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE APPLICATION PAGE. Once you have read the instructions, please apply here: https://facultysearch.weinberg.northwestern.edu/apply/index/MjMw
Please read ALL instructions and make all preparations before proceeding to application page. If you have been asked to submit a letter of recommendation for an applicant, please use the link in your email instructions instead of this page.
1. Applications will only be accepted through the online form. Please make sure all documents are prepared in advance, because partial applications will not be accepted and cannot be saved. Also, please be sure all information is entered completely and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been accepted.
2. All uploaded files should be in Adobe PDF format. Files in another electronic format (e.g., MS Word) should be "saved as" or "printed to" PDF format before uploading. If you only have a paper version of a particular document, you may scan it and save it as a PDF. However, the first method is preferred, because it retains text recognition capabilities.
3. Three names and email addresses for external referees are required. Letters of recommendation are not requested with the initial application. NOTE: If you are using a professional placement or dossier service (e.g., interfolio) to submit any or all recommendations, please use the service's address instead of your referee's address in the appropriate space. Once again, please be sure all addresses are entered correctly with no spelling errors; otherwise your referee or dossier service will not receive the instructions.
4. Some things to remember when uploading your application documents:
- Please note that no document may exceed 4 MB in size, so be sure to minimize the size of any large PDF files before uploading.
- File names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other such characters; the system will likely not accept such documents.
- The size of the writing sample should be equivalent to a single journal article or book chapter; it may be published or unpublished. Only one sample need be submitted.
5. When your PDF files and list of references are complete, you may proceed to the Online Application. All required fields must be filled in before you click on the "Submit Application" button. The system will not accept incomplete applications. Applications that are complete by the deadline date, will be ensured full consideration. (References will be allowed to arrive for a week or so after the deadline.) You will receive an email confirmation shortly after your application has been received.
If you have any questions about submitting an application, please contact the Business Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.